permanently clever

Friday, November 12, 2004

why permanently clever and perpetual procrastinator

okay, i have been debating since i came to seminary whether i wanted to join 'the cool kids' and start a blog. back and forth i went with the issue. finally, the epiphany: a blog is going to help me procrastinate. if you know me, you know how important procrastination is to me. if you don't know me, procrastination is important to me. but now, i have to tell you my self-imposed rule. i cannot blog more than one time while i am procrastinating doing homework. if you ever see that i have posted at maybe at 11:00 p.m. and then at 2:06 a.m. and then post at 4:42 a.m. all in the same night/early morning, then you must say 'you have broken the rule and you must be reprimanded'.

now for the title. permanently clever. i was talking tonight at dinner about how i had been contemplating starting a blog but then i was scared that i wouldn't think of a super cool name like those i always see on other blogs (these super cool other blogs are the ones that have tempted me to start my own . . . p.s.). anyway, my pal emily said that i have clever names on messenger and i told her that those names may be clever but they are never permanently clever which is the ideal for a blog name. and then everyone looked like the shining light of God (you know . . . with the whole heavenly 'aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh' thing) and they exclaimed "that should be your name!"

so, i gave in. welcome to my blog. i'm a blogger. if only they could see me now . . .

if you're reading this, i'm assuming you got to me because of a link from my cool friend jenny's site. if you're reading this and you haven't come through jenny, i am amazed and triumphantly glad that you have found this on your own. welcome to all. feel free to come back and peruse my future rantings, epiphanies, and other miscellaneous moments of my life. much love to you all!