permanently clever

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

celebrations

now i would like to share about my birthday party last night. i had dinner with lots of friends in the cafeteria (thanks for coming jenny, joanne, ann, emily, larissa and nicole!). i got a wonderful present that was from ten thousand villages. it's a piece of art representing the tree of life made from cut-metal from haiti. love it! i've already decided where i'm going to hang it. then we came back to alex and had some yummy birthday cake and ice cream provided by krista. i also received a beautiful birthday card. the funny thing is that originally nicole wasn't going to be able to sign it ... so she signed ann's arm! my first body art birthday greeting, awww!

my favorite part about my birthday so far is the much confusion generated about when my birthday actually is! this stems partially from the inability to schedule a celebration on my actual bday (which is tomorrow). but, i'll have you know that it reaches far beyond that! the first instances of confusion came from people invited to the party that hadn't ever celebrated with me before so they didn't know the actual date. understandable. then, i further confused my friend rachel because she couldn't come to the party so we were going to go out tonight for a fake bday celebration. but she didn't know when the real one was. but this is my absolute favorite: i got a text message from my friend sarah (who i worked with in maine) that said happy birthday i hope you're having a great day! i thought i was clever in responding that i would keep that in mind for tomorrow. she replied and said "isn't today the fifth?!" haha, i think she sprung ahead a whole day instead of just an hour for daylight savings time. i don't mind this misinterpretation so much. i enjoy all the well wishing:D (not to be greedy or conceited or anything ... it's just nice that people care that i was born).

so, here are my fun plans for tomorrow: class at nine. maybe giving blood (but i don't know if i can because of my tattoo). work (hopefully i've dropped enought hints at work about it being my birthday that they will do something fun or funny for me. not that i expect them to ... i just like them so well and kinda hope they would like to celebrate with me). bell choir. meeting carrie and watching lost in jenny's room. currently, i'm trying to think of an adventure i can do between classtime and giving blood time. any suggestions? Posted by Picasa