permanently clever

Saturday, September 17, 2005

God has my soul; maine has my thoughts; kansas has my heart; new jersey has my body

Your love, o Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, Your justice like the great deep. Posted by Picasa


here i am ... back in school again. my attitude is getting better but how i long to be elsewhere.

maine has twofold beauty for me. the natural beauty of the ocean meeting the mountains and the beauty of the people that i know are there. i had an amazing summer. words cannot explain. you will never know how i cherish the people, the memories, what maine has become for me. i just pray that some day you find the peace and joy i had there.

i also long to go to my home. i miss my parents and brother. when i get to go home, it will have been a year since i've seen my parents and almost two years since i've seen my brother. i also miss the quietness. the wheat. the cows. the sunsets in the country. the courteous drivers.

but here i am in new jersey. and somehow, i hope this is God's will. in addition to what i hope to learn in classes, i am sure i will be learning lessons of strength and endurance; reliance and trust. praise God for being with me in what i anticipate to be a hard time. praise God for people who remind me of that.


"it is not days or years i seek from You,
not infinity and enormity,
but small things and moments and awareness,
awareness that You are in what i am
and in what i have been indifferent to."
(from "guerillas of grace")