permanently clever

Friday, February 24, 2006

a brillliant moment and an idiosyncrasy

i had a brilliant moment already today. i had church history precept at 8 this morning. every week for this precept we write a one page paper. and yes, i had my done for today. i printed it off and headed to class. when the preceptor asks us to turn our papers in, i reach for my folder to take it out. it's not in there. so i look in my bookbag. not there. i look at my loose papers. not there. i left my paper on my printer. brilliant. i have it done but i look like a doofus by not bringing it to class! thankfully the preceptor understood (and smirked a bit) and said i could bring it to him as soon as i had time.

idiosyncrasy time: one of my favorite idiosyncrasies that i possess is that whenever i remember an embarrassing memory, i either start humming or shake my head. i think i do this to clear the memory from my brain. and really, there is no need for me to relive most of these memories. they're done and probably nobody remembers them except for me. they're just silly things i've done in my life. so, if you ever hear me start humming and/or shake my head, you can be sure that if you ask me what i'm thinking i'm not likely to tell you!