permanently clever

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

my new schedule for the new semester

i know others have posted their new class schedules. i haven't yet done that because i hadn't finalized my schedule. this is the first time i've ever actually dropped/added classes. i've kind of shopped around. in a post in december, i was trying to figure out what was most important to me between teachers, areas of interest and schedule. well, it seems that schedule has won out. i can love a teacher and still hate the class. i can be keenly interested in the subject and yet hate doing the work. but, my schedule, if i love that then the rest of my time seems quite enjoyable as well. i'm not saying that the classes i have chosen don't have teachers i like or that i'm not interested in the subject. because i do like them and i am quite interested in the subjects. all in all, i think this may be one of my favorite semesters so far. i can say that because it's only the second day and i've only been to two of my four classes!

without any furthur ado, here is my schedule for now and hopefully for the rest of the semester. i'm not making any guarantees!

monday:
8-8:50 the minister and mental illness with dr. capps
(this is pending dr. capps' approval of my adding his class since i missed the first one)

3:30-4:20 science fiction, social criticism, and eschatological thinking with dr. osmer

tuesday:
10:40-11:30 pastoral care of adolescents with dr. dykstra

thursday:
3:30-4:20 devotional lives of great saints with bo karen lee

5:30-7:20 sci.fi. precept

friday:
10:40-11:30 pc for adolescents precept
(i'm hoping this time might change to earlier in the day or earlier in the week)

yes, indeed, that does say that i don't have any classes on wednesday! and i'm hoping that maybe the precept on friday will leap over to thursday but that is not especially likely. it also might end up being earlier in the day. and i still have to schedule precept time for the devotional lives of saints class. but overall, my schedule seems extremely scattered. i think i am going to like those great breaks in my schedule. hopefully they'll be used for reading homework and for going to the gym. another note, i think homework will be much easier for me because at least two of my classes have mostly fiction books. love that! the only thing that worries me is the 8 o'clock class. mornings are not my strong suit. but krista assures me that i can indeed get up that early and she'll help me be motivated for class. something else neat is that all my plenary sessions for classes only meet once a week. i recognize that this schedule might not look appealing to many other students but i really am excited about it. happy semester everyone!