permanently clever

Monday, April 30, 2007

3 outta 4 ain't bad

that's right folks. i am officially done with three out of four of my classes for this semester. at first i was kinda irritated that 75% of my teachers were requiring my finals ... errr ... i mean, integrative papers before reading week. especially since i had two papers due for one class last thursday and two big papers due for other classes on friday. but it has worked out just fine. one of my friday papers went from 10 pages to 1 page. sweet, huh?! and, my thursday class extended the deadline to today. so, what i did was write the two that were due and then also write the third one that is actually due may 10. can you believe that?! i actually wrote a paper before the night it was due! like 11 days before! so, now, all i have left to worry about is my sci.fi. paper. i haven't yet decided which option i'm doing. i'm either going to write a short sci.fi. story (but i have no ideas) or i'm going to do book review type thingys for each book we read. this would be fine since i did all my reading ... it's just that now they're not so fresh in my mind. but it will work out in the end. so, what does this mean for now? i am going to have a wonderfully relaxing reading week! the relaxation is all the more cemented because my work hours were cut back a lot this week. (i would have preferred to work but i'm not above having my days completely free!)

in other news, my friend adam thompson is in princeton! i've known adam since high school. well, i knew of adam in high school. we went to the same camp and were on the same councils but never really became friends until he attended my college. i thought surely if adam had followed me all those places, he would come to princeton too. alas, he goes to seminary at garrett in chicago. he's here for the youth forum and i'm happily letting him bum off me. so, if you see me hanging out with a guy you don't recognize, you should come meet adam!