permanently clever

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

random notes

a. i'm stressed out already. i feel like all my hair should be grey.

b. changes in my class schedule: dropped pastoral care of congregations; added poetry and the care of souls with dr. capps; added practicum in youth ministry with dayle rounds

c. a jehovah's witness came into j.crew yesterday and while i was wrapping up her things, she offered my co-worker a magazine. my co-worker had never heard of jehovah's witnesses so he accepted a magazine that had cash on the front thinking it was a financial investment type magazine and proceeded to ask her if she had any details magazines. meanwhile, i'm on the side, trying not to laugh as my co-worker, who has no idea what a jehovah's witness is, is asking for a men's magazine from a jehovah's witness, who has no idea what that magazine is. it was immensely enterntaining to me as i was informing him on the little i knew about jehovah's witnesses after the lady had left.

d. the event mentioned in (c) led to a pretty cool religious conversation between my two co-workers and myself that were working in the same area. it was fascinating because between the three of us, we were a christian, a muslim and an orthodox jew. sounds like a joke, huh. did you ever hear the one about the jew, the christian and the muslim working at j.crew...

e. i really hope our refund checks come in this friday. that would hopefully alleviate some of my stress.

f. i have to go write my learning/serving covenant for field education now.