permanently clever

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

apparantly i'm irritated today

even though my blog is irritating the snot out of me by looking dumb, i feel there is something i must tell you.

new jersey drivers make me crazy!! i feel that the only reason necessary to honk is if there is imminent danger (or if you're waving at a friend . . . ). it irritates me to no end when people honk simply because they are impatient or because they are angry. it just makes me angry. if people honk out of spite, it makes honking less of a valid form of expressing danger. it's like 'the boy who cried wolf'. when, there is actual danger, no one will believe the honk.

there, i said it. i feel so much better now.

although, i must admit that my turn signals are still not working so people do have a right to be mad at me but i still don't feel they must honk at me every freaking minute. oh, i can imagine the curses spoken on the highways of new jersey about the stupid kansas driver. things like: 'there's no place like home dorothy' and 'you're not in kansas anymore' and 'do they even have paved roads in kansas'. i am working on the problem of fixing my turn signals. but i can say they honked even when i followed all the traffic laws to the letter. and i can say that honking is overrated. it does nothing but make other people mad. maybe this is the goal . . . to pass on the irritation. but, honestly, does that make anyone feel better?