permanently clever

Thursday, December 02, 2004

failed

i went through half the day meeting my goal! and then, 12:30 came. every thursday, i meet with my two dual methodist pals (stina and mira) for lunch. well, i had remembered this all day. i knew it was going to happen . . . was looking forward to it. then, i'm at work. and i think to myself, i have to work until 12:30. so i did. i'm driving back and it hits me at 12:45 that this isn't right! i'm supposed to meet them at 12:30. dumb. my schedule used to be until 12:30 but i changed it for the meeting. so, i didn't forget, i just had a lapse into idiocy.

the funny thing is that i don't really have the guilt/shame/whatever that feeling is when you do something dumb or embarrass yourself. i think setting the goal made me realize that it all doesn't really matter anyway!! so, now my goal is to make it through the rest of the day without any more lapses of stupidity!

oh, and another kind of comical thing. i got to read/record for the first time at my job at recording for the blind and dyslexic. it was fun! the book was on the beginnings of evangelicals talking about whitefield, edwards, the wesleys, etc. (two things that i really loved was the talk about the wesleys since i'm a methodist and they mentioned a place in kansas in the acknowledgements). anyway, the word 'evangelicalism' is used a ton! and i told the director (the guy who follows along and makes sure i say the right thing) that i hope i didn't screw up that word since it happens all the time. well, the very first thing i do is read the title and mess up that word!! oh gosh . . . i thought i was in for a long read but i got all the rest of them right! (i did mess up on saying my roman numerals . . . dang that number xiv!)