permanently clever

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

random thoughts while chatting on messenger

paul simon is one of my favorite songwriters.

i want to go to another country soon. it's been a long time since i spent significant time out of the u.s. i was looking at a world map yesterday (it was weird, it was a new one with more accurate dimensions) and i decided i needed to go to asia because i haven't been more east than the czech republic. i love the world!

i miss doing philosophy. i mean philosophy . . . not theology. my philosophy class here is theology. granted, i couldn't really expect to find a purely philosophical class at a seminary but i miss my aristotle. i miss the kind of philosophy that totally messes with my head and makes me really think critically.

i'm not altogether made for seminary. i really have a hard time concentrating in classes. i don't want to do work. i really just prefer to get into in-depth conversations with friends.

however, i did actually speak up for the first time in a class. kinda funny, the guy sitting next to me said 'uh oh' when i started talking. made me laugh. too bad i didn't say anything profound.

realized i wasn't sure how to spell genius. what's that tell you?!

i miss southwestern college and all my peeps there.

i'm excited about thanksgiving. i'm going to staten island to have thanksgiving with tammy, a girl i met this summer while working at sol duc, and her family. we're going to the macy's parade! that's something i never thought i would see in person. and, she promised me lots of singing at her house so i'm excited!

i have a song on my media player and i don't know where it came from. it's called 'somebody told me' by the killers. kinda like the rock beat mixed with the techno business. i also have franz ferdinand's 'take me out'. that one always makes me wanna dance.

was going to give my friend mark the 'award of the day' yesterday for his psychoanalysis on my dream of brad pitt. (i got to kiss brad pitt in my dream and he was a really bad kisser). mark suggested that i wanted a brad pitt figure in my life but he was too hard to attain so i came up with the defense mechanism of him being a bad kisser so i wouldn't actually want him. i was less impressed with taggart's psychoanalysis that said it was because brad pitt was gay.

well, i better quit posting random thoughts because i must make another entire post about ann's agony and then i have to shower because i have to take ann and nicole to the airport.