permanently clever

Sunday, November 28, 2004

my eye and nose hurt

so, last night i was in bed with the lights out and everything and there's a knock at my door so i answer it but decide it's not necessary to turn on the lights. well, i found my way back to the bed all right and i go to lay my head on the pillow. i misjudge. instead, i slam my open eye and the upper part of my nose into the bed frame. much pain. there was a flash of white light in my eye. scared me. thought i might be blind. i seriously checked to make sure i could still see out of that eye before i tried to go back to sleep.

anyway, my eye still hurts today and it kinda gave me a headache. really hard to read my homework with that malady.

another detriment to homework doing is that i got up at 5:34 this morning. i picked up some friends at the airport with very minimal difficulties (there was much rain and a pointless road-rager and a little bit of lateness but nothing big). then, joanne and i went to a church called 'praise' (i think) . . . it was at somerset presbyterian church. still not quite sure about the distinction even though joanne explained it to me. after we got back from church, i napped (sort of) until 6:18 when i got up to go downstairs for our feast. larissa graciously provided wonderful food and there was marvelous company. good times, good times.

gotta go study for greek since i can't finish the book i was reading. and then . . . beautiful sleep!