permanently clever

Monday, February 05, 2007

my newses

i've decided to try my hand at this selling books online thing. i chose to go with half.com because that's where i usually find the books i want to buy. i'm thinking that if this actually works, it will be quite the bonus to my checking account. currently i have $358.15 worth of books listed. but i'm an impatient person. i want someone to buy them all now. and though i didn't expect to sell one over night, especially since people probably aren't looking for textbooks anymore, i was shocked SHOCKED when i went to my account and there were no sales. i just thought since i decided to try something new, everyone else would be as excited and buy everything i'm selling. maybe it's better if it goes slowly ... if i got that amount of money right away, i would probably scour everything i own and try to sell it online! to any who have done this before, what has been your experience? does it usually take quite a while?

in other news, i haven't been hired yet. i don't think my interview went terribly well on thursday. but i don't really know. it only lasted about 5 minutes. the guy hardly asked me anything and was so surprised that i didn't have more questions. i wanted to tell him that i would have tons if he hired me! he said they hire on personality and not experience. how can he judge my personality in five minutes? i don't know. i think my schedule might be a problem. he wasn't too keen that i wanted a week off in march and the summer off. let's hope it went better than i thought it did. i'm still waiting to hear from another promising restaurant that said they would probably call me this week. meanwhile, i'll soak up my free time while i can!