permanently clever

Thursday, April 14, 2005

i really shouldn't be at princeton

this is probably the worst thing i have ever done academically. i actually forgot that i had to write a precept paper for new testament this week. i didn't remember until maybe 8:10 tonight and it's due at the very latest at 9:00. so, i wrote something really fast and sent it off. the worst paper ever. i wouldn't even say it's a high school level, let alone graduate school. i feel completely humiliated, dishonest, and unintellectual. i feel like i've cheated the people who really do a lot of work for their papers. the biggest thing that gets me is that i was really wanting to do my very best on this paper and i really wanted to write about revelation.

*intermission*

thank God for good friends. i was a mess when i started this entry. krista came to my room in the middle of it and then ann came shortly thereafter. i was really miserable and they stayed with me until they had completely made me feel better. i really don't think i could make it through seminary if it weren't for good friends i've made in just the short time i've been here.

and now, i see it fitting to end with scripture. this is part of a passage i read today for my speech class.

"i remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. i well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. yet this i call to mind and therefore i have hope: because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail." lamentations 3:19-22