permanently clever

Saturday, April 09, 2005

seriously having a hard time comprehending this

it's saturday morning. i work all day on saturdays. in fact, i'm supposed to be at one of my jobs at 8:30. not the job i walk to but the one that i have to drive ten to fifteen minutes to get to. that means i am supposed to leave here at 8:15. ahhh, now you are checking to see what time i posted this to see why i'm telling you that. as i'm walking to my car, i see men in the trees chopping/chainsawing the branches off. and i think to myself that i'm not a big fan of the destroying nature business but i'm sure there must be some kind of good reason. on to my car. don't worry, this post is not about how a big tree limb fell on my car. that would be a travesty. this post is more about an inconvenience and an irritation. so, the guys who chop off branches drive really big orange trucks. where would they park these big orange trucks on a campus that is already limited in parking? well, you see, they park them right behind my car so that i can't get out. not just my car, four or five other people are not going to be able to drive this morning either. now, i'm not usually one to interfere with people working or try to get my way but i had to get to work. so i go up to one of the workers and asked if there was someone who could move the truck so i could get out and go to work.

me: "is there anyone that can move the truck because my car is blocked and i need to go to work?"
worker: "no"
me: "there's no way to move the truck so i can get my car out?!"
worker: "no"

what the kind of crap is that?!?! why can't they move their truck? i know they have a job to do but i think that it's not only unfair but also unreasonable to inhibit people from the use of their vehicles. it might have been okay if i had been given some kind of warning not to park there. but, no, i have to find out while i'm on my way to work that i can't actually go to work. plus, it's saturday morning ... most people aren't up for me to ask if i can borrow their cars. and it's not really my favorite thing to do anyway because sometimes people don't want others borrowing their car, which i totally understand. so, i had to call my work and tell them i couldn't come in because the big tree truck was blocking me and they wouldn't move it so i could get out. bet they've never heard that excuse before!