permanently clever

Thursday, October 06, 2005

i'm confident

i'm confident that things always look better after you sleep on them.
i'm confident that last night's exercise was therapeutic but does not necessarily reflect my feelings at all times.
i'm confident that i am not the only one that's scared.
i'm confident that my friends do care about me and forgive me for my misdeeds.
i'm confident that there is always hope of spiritual renewal.
i'm confident that God is always with me even when i try to push God away.
i'm confident that the theory that however happy you can feel, that's how sad you can feel is pretty accurate, at least in my case.
i'm confident that we need those downs in our lives if we are going to appreciate the ups.
i'm confident that i will learn from whatever struggles i have.
i'm confident that most people are scared of adulthood.
i'm confident that i will eventually become a responsible adult but that does not mean i can't retain a youthful outlook.
i'm confident that there are miracles and somehow, i might be able to gain some organizational skills.
i'm confident that God desires me to come back.
i'm confident that i'm not the only one that has ever struggled with their sense of call.
i'm confident that there are plans for me and they are plans not to harm but to prosper.
i'm confident that prosperity is not found only in money but in the greater things of life.
i'm confident that i am loved.
i'm confident that i do find joy in ministry and i chose to overlook it.
i'm confident that my finding joy is not what ministry is about.
i'm confident that even though it seems like i'm going to go insane and i won't be able to get everything done that somehow everything will get done.
i'm confident that i need to find a place to be spiritually fed.
i'm confident that life is not easy but that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed.
i'm confident that three things i hold dear in my life will not leave me: my joy, my hope, my faith.
i'm confident that God is a forgiving God.
i'm confident that i am not forsaken.
i'm confident that no matter how hard i try to feel bad sometimes, i will always be an optimist.
i'm confident that someday i will be really good at something.
i'm confident that people don't judge me as harshly as i judge myself.
i'm confident that i was not called to seminary but it doesn't mean i can't make it through.
i'm confident that even if i am supposed to quit school and i do continue, that it will be okay.
i'm confident that people often take detours on their path through life and these are places where real learning and formation occur.
i'm confident that i am made the way i am and i can't lose basic aspects of my core being.
i'm confident that the people i love know i love them.
i'm confident that my love of people will sustain me in ways i cannot even imagine.
i'm confident that if i do have to quit some fun things i can still find joy in doing a better job in my responsibilities.
i'm confident that i am more fully convinced that there are things the church needs to change and i want to help with that change.
i'm confident that the times i'm looking forward to when i leave here for a while will be a sabbath for me.
i'm confident that as much as i preach to people about the sabbath, i need to start heeding my own advice.
i'm confident there is sustenance in trusting in God.
i'm confident that people will enjoy reading this post a lot more than the last post.
i'm confident that we have to realize that life is not always easy and it's okay to freak out every now and then.
i'm confident that being honest with yourself is one of the hardest yet most rewarding things.
i'm confident that this list could go on indefinitely as well and that this one carries more weight.
i'm confident that i have a role in this world and no matter how scared i get, i want to accomplish it.
i'm confident because i believe in greater and higher things.
i'm confident because there is light in this world.
i'm confident that there is faith, hope, and love and the greatest is love.
i'm confident.