permanently clever

Saturday, March 24, 2007

earlier i said "words cannot describe"

and they still can't. so i thought i'd try pictures. a lot of pictures. i loved italy. i miss it. i wish i knew how to tell you. but i can only show you. and it still doesn't come close to what i want to share.


this is the duomo in florence. i saw this everyday. it helped me to get my bearings and even help me to be able to navigate the city without a map by my third day there. i can't imagine being able to see something so beautiful every day of my life.








this is also part of the duomo.



ahhh yes. my first taste of gelato in italy. my friend colin even took me to the very best place in florence. he swears by it. i soon found out why.







this is the synagogue in florence. it's breathtaking. strange because there are less than 40 registered jews in florence. or so i hear.












okay, so at this very moment i am the saddest kid in the world. i went through and picked out probably about 30 of my favorite pictures to post in this blog. and now i come to find that picasa has only put these four in the post. i so much wanted to share with my blog readers all these pictures. i don't know what to do right now because i'm tired and about to go to bed. i'll mull it over and maybe we'll see whatever plan i improvise. meanwhile, if you're a facebooker, all my pictures are posted on there and you can feel free to peruse them. although i think there is something to be said by seeing the specific pictures the photographer chooses as their favorites. it really gives a certain flavor to the experience. dang, i'm really sad. i had some nice photos to share with you (though i will admit that it's not too difficult to take a beautiful picture in italy ... just point and click and you're going to get something amazing)
Posted by Picasa