permanently clever

Monday, February 28, 2005

D-O-N-E and a G-R-I-P-E

oh yes, how glorious it is that i am done with my greek quiz and my new testament midterm. greek = went horribly. oh well. i don't think anyone was confident going into it. was kinda nervous that i would fare as well on new testament. luckily, my greek preceptor let us go early if we wanted to study more. and that i did. new testament = okay. think i could do fairly well but not getting my hopes too high. it was the first time ever that i had to stay the entire alotted time for a test! but, i really liked the format of it (no long essays!). and hey, my work got cancelled tonight cause of the impending snowstorm so i have a whole afternoon and evening free. magnificent!

well, i just got back from the field ed. office. i can't believe something my advisor told me. i went there to turn in my request for deferment for this summer. i had several reasons but the last one i tacked on the end was that i would like to create a new site in croatia. cool thing is that flo, the secretary lady, says that she is going to croatia this summer to build a house. her husband is from there. she said she's going to give me her address whenever they get it . . . awesomeness! anyway, back to chester. he says they like to fill up the sites they already have. (i know this . . . have heard that field ed. office just wants to fill spots and not listen to students) well, he said that they were talking to a couple new places that could be added to the list. so, i say that i have a heart for eastern europe (i said this in case one of the new places was in eastern europe). and this is what chester says to me: well, maybe you're heart will have to change. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! that is so anti-pastoral, anti-listening-to-what-students-care-about, and anti-follow-the-leading-of-the-Holy-Spirit. i couldn't believe he said that. i was shocked.

poor matt, or emmamatt as larissa would call him, got to listen to me complain about that because he left the field ed. office at the same time i did. kinda funny cause i haven't really talked with matt except when lots of other people were around. oh well. he didn't seem to mind too much.