permanently clever

Friday, February 25, 2005

the day of wrong books

let's just go in chronological order and you will see connections at the end. i was supposed to wake up early to do some studying. why would i ever think that would work for me?! so, i end up getting up a little later than usual for classes because when i reset my alarm i forgot to turn it back on. as i'm rushing out the door, i try to grab all the books i'm going to need for today. this is the day i am required to have the most books. i even remember an email from my nt preceptor reminding us to bring our Bibles. i already have my NIV in my bookbag from yesterday but i decide i should take the NRSV. so i swap.

okay, in greek, i have my textbook. that's all i usually bring on fridays since the others are really heavy. but dang i wished i had my lexicon today.

on to systematic. i didn't read anything this week (this is an entirely different issue of which i feel quite shameful). i knew that we were discussing calvin and gutierrez. so, i grabbed those books this morning. actually, in my haste, i picked up the second volume of calvin and then i saw what i had done before i left and switched so i had the first volume. turns out that today our reading was from the second volume. how completely like me to do soemthing like that. okay, fine, i'll read gutierrez. oh no i won't. the gutierrez reading was online, not in the book that i brought. dang. i suck at this book business. oh well, i never talk in systematic anyway (again, not proud) so no one was the wiser; except the people that were there when i realized the error in my books.

now for new testament. i was sure i would be fine for that class. i had my huge Bible in my bookbag. well, when i go to pull it out, i am shocked to see maroon instead of blue. amazingly, i grabbed my lexicon instead of my Bible. gah! it's easy to confuse such large books in haste but how ironic that for the one class i was specifically told to bring the book, i grab the wrong book AND it's the book i was wishing i had earlier but thought i didn't have!

welcome to my life.