permanently clever

Friday, March 18, 2005

something that made my whole day

well, today wasn't particularly a pleasant day. i still don't feel well. i went to greek class and decided not to go to precepts because i felt crappy. i hate missing classes. so, i'm coming back to the country and my boss calls me and wants me to come in early because the owner was feeling horrible and shouldn't be there. dang it if i'm the only one she can call. and dang it even more that i'm a pushover even when i feel like crud. so, i went in to work early. she bought my lunch. great. i get a free lunch on the day i have an upset stomach. so, i was at work forever. not having much fun cause i had to do most everything while my manager sat in the back ordering things off the internet. but, i was looking forward to the evening because friday nights are usually slow and allow for time to sit. except not this friday. lots of people. lots of projects.

BUT!

my friends jenny, emily, and ann came in to visit. it was really a simple thing for them to come in because they had dinner in palmer square and got ice cream at halo pub but it really did make my day to see friendly faces. i really have been feeling out of the loop and kind of lonely while living in the country and it was a nice surprise to have people come to see me. gosh, why am i almost crying when i wrote that! how dumb! it's cause i'm not feeling well and small gestures mean a lot to me. ann, emily, jenny: thank you! you all win!