permanently clever

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

what a glorious day, today

yes, i am thankful for new days and new starts. yesterday just wasn't a highlight in my life.

i got an email from chester this morning (for those that i haven't told the details about my 'rage fiesta', this part of the post is in reference to that). he seems like he is reconsidering my request for deferral which is a good thing. for some reason, i still don't have the utmost confidence in him but we'll see what happens.

so, now, the only lingering badness of yesterday is the bruise on my finger and the slight hint of garlic butter in my room. last night, right before i went to bed, i got my finger caught in my closing door. these doors are heavy. much pain. but hey, at least i got a cool bruise. as to the butter, we had pizza last night (which was fun!) and i was responsible for removing the evidence, i.e. taking out the trash. well, i bring the box to my room and lean it against my trash can. for some reason, i forgot that there was still a half full container of liquid garlic butter in there. i didn't realize that it was leaking out of the box until it was all out on my floor. i got it cleaned up but that smell kind of lingers. but you know what? i can handle bruises and stinky rooms, no problem!

i just knew that when i woke up today, it was going to be a good day. i mean, things couldn't be worse than i felt yesterday so anything is going to be an improvement. i did not, however, anticipate that i would be woken by my phone with my boss on the other end asking me to work the entire day at the papery. it'll be okay. i'll just be a little drained when i get to bell choir. and my feet will hurt and they will definitely stink. but, i get to work with laura b. who is fun and a half. so, my spirits are not down yet!