permanently clever

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

reflections on this valentine's day

today turned out to be a snow day for the school. and while i'm happy for all the other students, it's not particularly thrilling for me since i don't have classes on wednesday anyway.

because i knew i wouldn't be at school today, i did decide to wear my red sweater and shoes yesterday in a pre-celebration. and, i also attended a fabulous party last night in pre-celebration!

but, my plans for today have been thwarted. i was going to take myself on a date to new york city but apparently the roads are bad, the trains are slow and it's not terribly safe to walk in the city.

now, i don't know what to do to make this day special. because you see, i am not a hater. i do not think this is black wednesday. really, i love holidays no matter how commercial they have become. it just brings joy to my life. i think i get this from my mom. she's a sucker for a holiday too. this year my mom sent me a little extra cash so i could do something or get something special because of valentine's day. i had thought i would put it to good use by going to a show in nyc but now i don't know what to do. i am in a valentine quandary. any suggestions?

i could use the day to relax and do nothing but i feel like that's not particularly special, especially since i could do that any wednesday. i could spend my time looking for a job, and i will actually fill out some applications, but that's not very valentinesy. i will probably go out to chuck e. cheese's with the girls tonight. but i just want to feel festive all day long and i don't know how yet.

but don't worry, i have faith in my holiday celebrating abilities! i will think of something! and i'll let you all know, eventually, how i celebrate this day of love!