permanently clever

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

warm love (or, how i spent my valentine's day)

because i know you all are dying to hear how i decided to spend my valentine's day after my huge quandary, here's what i did:

i went to see the movie "music and lyrics" by myself. i purposely went to an early showing so i wouldn't encounter any couples on their valentine's date. for a split second i wondered if i was the only one that would go to a romantic movie so early but i was pleasantly surprised at how full the theater was!

then i went to the gym with my roomie and watched the movie "serendipity" at the cardio cinema. i had been wanting to see that again since i actually went to the serendipity cafe last fall. and i just love john cusack.

then i went to chuck e. cheese to meet penny, emily, jenny, katy and joy (wow, all their names end in y! don't know why i think that is so neat, but i do). it was a really good time to just have fun with a bunch of awesome girls and dance and play games.

and for the whole day, my soundtrack was provided by the lovely van morrison. i think i listened to the song "warm love" about a million times. it's on my list of my favorite love songs/songs about love (because there is a distinction). i started a playlist on my itunes a couple months ago with love songs that i adore. not just any love songs, but ones that are particularly meaningful to me and i hope someday i would have someone to play that list for. oh gosh, that made me sound completely losery. oh well, i'll admit it, i'm a big sap. hopeless romantic. i don't care who knows it! i'm even feeling the need to post the songs that are on my list (mostly because i'm listening to it right now). so here they are in no particular order:

  • someone to watch over me - blossom dearie
  • table for two - caedmon's call
  • when i fall in love - carmen mcrae
  • pledge - chris rhoads
  • and i love you so - don mclean
  • your song - elton john
  • love me tender - elvis
  • can't help falling in love - elvis
  • annie's song - john denver
  • you send me - sam cooke (this was the first song on the list)
  • love divine, all loves excelling - written by charles wesley (so not exactly a romantic love song but one of my absolute favorite songs about love ever)
  • i'll have to say i love you in a song - jim croce
  • warm love - van morrison

now i shall go watch american idol and then maybe watch mr. and mrs. smith. although, i don't know how i feel about watching a movie that led to the dissolvement of a marriage on valentine's day. we'll see. maybe i should just read my science fiction homework.

i hope everyone had a lovely valentine's day (if you wanted to)!